Mission Statement

"Baby yourself with Well Beginnings. From conceiving to teething and everything in between. Concentrating on a holistic approach to conception, pregnancy, motherhood and family wellness. At Well Beginnings, we will focus on the body's innate ability to heal and live in whole health. As a faith based business, we will help you to become mentally, physically and spiritually fit."

Friday, September 02, 2011

Friday Light Night 9/2/11

Happy Friday Friends,

I hope that you are all looking forward to a long and relaxing weekend.  I am going to make Friday nights, "Light Nights," as I usually wind down and relax Friday evenings.

I constantly hear parents saying things like, "My kids won't touch vegetables, they barely eat fruit, I have to take food with me just in case they do not like what is being served, they don't drink water, etc."  I can relate to the idea of taking food along just in case they do not want to eat what is being served, as we don't eat a lot of the things that most Americans eat.  In due time, I will discuss my thoughts on a variety of issues when it comes to children: obesity, colds/flu's, diabetes, vaccines and the potential side effects, malnourished children, etc.

My sweet daughter was having lunch on Wednesday.  We had homemade coleslaw with green peppers, tomatoes, onions, sweet/hot peppers, red cabbage, green cabbage and carrots, vegan, gluten free corn bread and stuffed green peppers with potatoes, tomatoes, kidney beans, brown rice, onions and spices.  Not only did she eat everything, but she asked for the bowl of coleslaw and was picking at it with her fingers.  I just sat there in delight, as I watched her enjoy all of those vegetables.  I am so blessed.

Have a great weekend!  I will talk with you on Monday.