Mission Statement

"Baby yourself with Well Beginnings. From conceiving to teething and everything in between. Concentrating on a holistic approach to conception, pregnancy, motherhood and family wellness. At Well Beginnings, we will focus on the body's innate ability to heal and live in whole health. As a faith based business, we will help you to become mentally, physically and spiritually fit."

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Patience and The Journey To True Wellness

Becoming truly well takes timeparticularly after we abuse our bodies over the course of 20-30 years. Eating processed foods, fast food, dairy products, meat with added hormones, antibiotics and steroids, heavy metals, coffee, breathing in toxins, drinking alcohol, smoking cigarettes, taking antibiotics for illnesses that can be treated naturally, etc... these are reflections of the standard American lifestyle.


Did you know that the word antibiotic means, "Against Life" in Latin?


I never questioned taking antibiotics for an illness.  I was raised to believe that there was nothing wrong with vaccinations, there was nothing wrong with taking antibiotics for illnesses, or infections and that, for the most part, I could trust the medical community to want what was best for me.


My trust and feelings towards the medical community changed after a series of events.  Doctors were writing in my files that they had diagnosed me with a particular illness, but they had never mentioned anything in regards to it to me.  I came down with one illness after another and it took a lot of begging and pleading to convince doctors to test me for a possible staph infection that came back positive.  Doctors neglected to mention that there were serious side effects to taking birth control.  Doctors prescribed one drug after another for a miscarriage, an infected bug bite and in addition to this made no mention of the necessity of taking probiotics while taking all of these drugs.  I watched close family members and friends lose their loved ones to cancer and degenerative conditions with no guidance from the medical community on the benefits of "simply" making diet and lifestyle changes to reverse disease and improve the quality of life.  Just as you, I know a number of people, including children, who are malnourished and are taking drugs for diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, fibromyalgia, arthritis and many other conditions that are reversible through a plant based diet.  


Please understand, I still believe that there is a time and place for medicine and for traditional M.D.'s, but I lost a lot of faith in the medical community after completing my degree in the field of natural health, battling through my own medical wars and after witnessing my loved ones die of preventative conditions.


What can you take away from this?  If you are making diet and/or lifestyle changes stick with it, stay positive, visualize yourself being healthy, happy and fit, find friends who can support you and join in and be patient.  Becoming truly well takes time and you are on the right track.


I have been working on this post all week.  I chose to revise this post, as I want to educate you.

Have a blessed night and a wonderful Friday!  Thank you for being so patient with me.

Until tomorrow friends... be well.