Mission Statement

"Baby yourself with Well Beginnings. From conceiving to teething and everything in between. Concentrating on a holistic approach to conception, pregnancy, motherhood and family wellness. At Well Beginnings, we will focus on the body's innate ability to heal and live in whole health. As a faith based business, we will help you to become mentally, physically and spiritually fit."

Monday, August 29, 2011

My Ears Are On Fire

Happy Monday!  I hope your week is off to a great start!

I had a wonderful day- it was beautiful outside too.  I had a difficult time trying to decide what to chat with you about tonight.  I have a zillion things on my mind.

It breaks my heart.... Day in and day out I hear things from my family members, friends and from people living their life in public.  I hear things like,"I am tired, I need a nap, I need another diet coke, my arthritis is flaring up, my chest hurts, I need to fill my prescription (s), my kids are sick again, my kid won't eat that, no I didn't eat breakfast and I'm still not hungry, I picked up some steaks that were on clearance,  I don't like water, I'm fat, I need to lose weight, I have heartburn, I have a hard time seeing, I forgot, I'm stressed, I am craving sugar and so on."  These statements are all connected- POOR DIET AND LIFESTYLE CHOICES.  

Achy bones, the constant need for a nap, cravings, taking prescription drugs, poor digestion, skin conditions, continual illnesses, heartburn/acid reflux, consistent edginess, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, eye problems, arthritis, being overweight, forgetfulness and stress are all red flags that should not be ignored.  All of these symptoms are, unfortunately, precursors to something greater like cancer, diabetes, heart disease, etc, if diet and lifestyle choices are not improved.  Most of us walk around thinking these "symptoms" are a normal part of aging, but they are truly not.  The Average American will put more thought into what type of fuel to put into their car than what type of food to put into their body.  Sure, there are some people who seem to eat whatever they want and they have no health related issues that they are aware of, but the preponderance of scientific data proves otherwise.  

The medical community has been trained to treat symptoms through the use drugs, but drugs in fact put a blanket over the real cause for these symptoms, so we are most likely still creating a haven for future illness.  There is also no sure way to tell what the short-term and long-term side effects of the drugs are.  Most of the medical community has very little training in the field of nutrition and lots of training from the Pharmaceutical companies on diagnosing and treating conditions with drugs.  They are also paid a commission on the drugs that they prescribe and who can miss the free lunches and goodies at the office. 

The word antibiotic means, "Against Life."  There is a time and place for medicine, but most conditions, including cancer and degenerative disease, can be prevented and reversed by consuming an optimal diet, a regular exercise program and by keeping stress under control.

Nighty, night.