Mission Statement

"Baby yourself with Well Beginnings. From conceiving to teething and everything in between. Concentrating on a holistic approach to conception, pregnancy, motherhood and family wellness. At Well Beginnings, we will focus on the body's innate ability to heal and live in whole health. As a faith based business, we will help you to become mentally, physically and spiritually fit."

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Why Am I Here With You

We all sadly lose the ones we love at some point in our lives.  Sometimes we feel that we lose someone all too soon.  Just like you, I have lost family and friends to cancer and degenerative disease.  I have waged through my own minor, yet annoying health wars.  And the saddest thing about it all... if I knew then what I know now things may have been quite different.  After years of personal research, a Certification as a Fitness Trainer, a degree in the field of Natural Health, a continual influence from alternative health practitioners and an eye-opening miscarriage, I am here with you today and tomorrow.  

I am very candid and at times I may say things that make you smile, things that make you laugh, things that make you cry, things that make you angry and things that you may not agree with.  I am open minded and I only want what is best for my family and for you, so again, that is why we are here, Well Beginnings.

I will say it again, and again, our diet and lifestyles choices will either save us, or kill us.  Most of us have been raised to believe that medicine is the answer to everything.  There is a drug for almost every condition.  We are constantly under the influence of the government and medical communities and it is my belief that we are completely brainwashed when it comes to truly knowing and understanding how our bodies work.  

The American Institute for Cancer Research reflects that 1 in 10 people were diagnosed with cancer in the 1930’s, 1 in 5 people in the 1970’s and today, 1 in 2 people.  Modern medicine is failing- we are not winning the war on cancer!  

Homeopathy, a more natural form of medicine, emerged in the early 1700's  thanks to its founder, Samuel Hahnemann.  By the early 1900’s, drug companies were releasing drugs that were easily administered and the profits were substantial and they are in the billions today.  Pharmaceutical companies play a role in developing treatments and diagnoses for patients, even more so than the doctors themselves.  Ask any doctor what percentage of their education was based on nutrition vs. the use of drugs.  The majority of them will tell you that they learned very little about nutrition.  

Our genes only account for a 2-3% likelihood that we will inherit a condition such as cancer, obesity, or high blood pressure.  We are in control of our health.  I know many people who have several family members who have numerous health issues and who will swear to you that they cannot control being overweight, but these families also have a few people who are in optimal condition, are healthy and physically fit.  

If I were to be in a horrible car accident and my body was mangled I would certainly want the best medicine and procedures available to mend me back to health.  There is most certainly a time and place for medicine, but it is not the answer for everything.  Through the use of natural medicine, natural supplementation, a plant-based diet and a healthy lifestyle we can prevent, reverse and turn back the pages of time with disease.  

I am here as a friend, a fitness instructor, a fertility and faith coach, a teacher and an expert in the field of health and nutrition.  Good night.