Mission Statement

"Baby yourself with Well Beginnings. From conceiving to teething and everything in between. Concentrating on a holistic approach to conception, pregnancy, motherhood and family wellness. At Well Beginnings, we will focus on the body's innate ability to heal and live in whole health. As a faith based business, we will help you to become mentally, physically and spiritually fit."

Monday, November 21, 2011

Tis The Season Of Giving


Christmas is my favorite holiday. Oh, the lights, the music, the shopping, the holiday foods and the memorable times with family and friends... People are a little more nice and a little more generous, but aren't we here to serve others and to give on a daily basis?  Which brings me to the point of my article...

We were put on this earth to serve others.  When you have your first child you will find that you are often asked, "Can you remember what you did before you had him/her?"  My answer was, "Yes."  It is true, prior to having children you can go here and there as you please and you have much more independence, but once they are born and a part of your life you cannot imagine a second without them and you would die for them in an instant.

I have family members and friends who have chosen not to have children.  I fully respect their decision, but I don't quite understand it.  They enjoy being married with no children, they enjoy "us time".  This takes me back to our purpose.  We are here to serve others.  We are not here for us.  It is difficult not to be selfish, as having children takes a ton of patience and a lot of time, but it's worth every minute.  I also know some people who have avoided having children simply because they are afraid of worrying too much when they have children and so on.  We can't live our lives in fear.  We must live our lives in faith, as we are not in control of anything despite how much we want to believe, or act as if we are in control.

Every time you see children mentioned in the bible, it talks about what a joy and blessing they are.  Being a parent can be very difficult, but it is so rewarding.  I must look at my daughter a billion times a day and think, "I couldn't imagine my life without you," as I kiss her cheeks a billion times.

Part of serving others does involve serving ourselves.  In saying this I mean that in order to serve others we must take care of ourselves as well.  We must honor our body and work to be healthy.  If we are not healthy we won't be around to care for anyone else.

If you think you are incapable of having children, or you have been told by a doctor that you are not capable of having children, that's not true.  It's not up to the doctor as to whether, or not you can conceive a child.  It's up to God and God said that, "He will love thee, bless thee, and multiply thee; he will bless the fruit of thy womb, and thy fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil...Thou salt be blessed above all people and there shall not be male or female barren among you..."  Deuteronomy 7:13-15.

"There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren in thy land, the number of thy days I will fulfill."  Exodus 23: 25-26

And so on...

We are all capable of having children, having a healthy, enjoyable, full term pregnancy and an amazing child birthing experience, but you have to pray for it and believe in it too.  I prayed for my daughter prior to conceiving her, I knew that I would not have morning sickness, or any of the other so-called ailments, as I did not believe in them either, I knew that I would have a full term, 40-week pregnancy and I knew that labor would be a joyous, painless experience, yes PAINLESS.  I had no cravings, as I ate healthy and nourished my body and my baby with healthy foods.

We have been fed so much garbage about so many different things.  We were all designed to have children.  Our bodies are fully capable of creating and/or bearing children and it is to be a joyous, happy, healthy, comfortable experience, free of pain and discomfort.  I know it's hard to believe after you've been fed years of garbage, "Oh you'll have morning sickness, oh you'll be in labor for 12 hours, oh you'll deliver early."  NOT TRUE!  Turn to the bible and you will see that we are all here to serve others, bear children and enjoy the experience of pregnancy and childbirth, live in health and to be happy and prosperous.

We are what we say we are too- - -We have to reprogram our way of thinking.  So, are you here for you, or for something greater?  There is nothing more wonderful than giving of yourself and having a child.  If you choose to have children, I wish you all the best.  It's such a fun and magical experience.  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment